Bacon and Brussel Sprout Skewers
If there is one thing that makes every meal better... it’s bacon. This fun and easy to make recipe will shortly become your go-to for when guests come over.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. bacon (if you want a healthier option, sub the bacon for turkey bacon!)
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts - trim off ends.
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Small wooden skewers
What You’ll Do:
- This recipe starts in a frying pan. Partially cook the bacon - do not overcook or it’ll be hard to wrap on the skewer.
- Heat up the brussel sprouts in the same saute pan, keeping just enough of the bacon grease to lightly coat the brussel sprouts. Season with the garlic powder and sea salt. Cook just enough to have them absorb the flavor, do not completely cook.
- Once both your bacon and brussel sprouts are partially cooked - you can assemble them on the skewers, starting with bacon, then the brussel sprout and wrapping the bacon around the brussel sprout.
- Place the skewers on a preheated grill - grill 5 minutes per side.
*Pre-soak your skewers before placing them on a grill. 30 minutes completely submerged in water works best!