Bacon-wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
Let’s kickoff with some spice! This grilled jalapeño poppers recipe is courtesy of Food Network.
What you’ll need:
4 cheddar cheese sticks
12 large jalapeño peppers
24 pieces of bacon
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. honey
What you’ll do:
- Preheat your Fuego grill to medium heat.
- Cut 1/2-inch off the top of the jalapeño peppers. Set aside and discard middle stem pieces. Use a straight peeler to scrape out seeds and ribs from inside each pepper.
- Slice the cheese stick to a slightly smaller size than the pepper, then insert.
- Cover the open end of the peppers with the reserved pieces.
- Take a piece of bacon and wrap around the pepper, then secure with a toothpick. Depending on the size of the peppers, you may need to use two slices of bacon.
- Sprinkle each popper with chili powder.
- Place on the grill and cover. Cook until the bacon is crispy, which will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to turn every 3 to 4 minutes.
- While grilling, combine the sour cream, cream cheese and honey in a bowl. Mix until well blended and serve with the poppers!