It’s opening day of baseball this week which means summer is right around the corner! What better way to get in the spirit of the season then with a recipe that combines the two favorites to enjoy at a baseball game, beer and brats. Here is our favorite recipe from All Recipes, which is a fan favorite no matter who you cheer for.
What you’ll need:
- 4 (12 ounce) cans of beer
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 bratwursts
What you’ll do:
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. When hot, lightly oil grate.
- Combine the beer and onions in a large pot; bring to a boil. Submerge the bratwurst in the beer; add the red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook another 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the bratwurst from the beer mixture; reduce heat to low, and continue cooking the onions.
- Cook the bratwurst on the preheated grill, turning once, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with the beer mixture as a topping or side.