Begone, Grease Fire!

Grease fires occur when there is a build-up of grease and residue from the food you cook on your grill.  This can lead to paint damage on your grill and eventually cause rust.  The best way to prevent this from happening is making sure you clean your grill regularly to prevent build up of debris on the grate, diffuser, fire bowl and residue tray.

Should a grease fire occur, here are a few tips:

  • If it’s safe enough to do so, set the control knob to “OFF”
  • Salt, baking soda and sand can help put a small grease fire out
  • When the flames start to go down, close the lid of the grill to cut off oxygen
  • Keep a “Class B” fire extinguisher handy in case the flame burns for more than 30 seconds
  • Never throw water on it! This will only feed the flame

Our friendly customer support staff is always happy to assist you. Call (888) 883-8346 or email