You can grill just about anything nowadays. Sometimes grill masters experiment to see what they can come up with next, but other times they go into a new recipe with the hope of transforming a traditional recipe into something more flavorful or bold. Maybe some people don’t like to stray away from what they know, but sometimes it’s for the better. We wouldn’t have these great recipes if people decided to stay in the lines. For example, who ever heard of grilling a salad? Or having a salad without lettuce? Well now you’re about to get a grilled salad recipe – Grilled Corn & Chickpea Salad to be more specific.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 14oz. can of chickpeas, drained
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta, optional
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the corn and grill for about 7-9 minutes. Once cooled, cut the kernels off the cob.
- Whisk the rest of the olive oil, and add 2 more teaspoons of oil, together with the lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in the corn, chickpeas, tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir in the feta if you’re using it.
- Put into a serving bowl and top with the rest of the feta.
Time: 25 minutes – Servings: about 4
Source: Healthy Seasonal Recipes
The post Coming in Hot: Grilled Corn & Chickpea Salad appeared first on .