Here's a new, original recipe from Oh, Bite It! Are you ready for some heat?
What You'll Need:
- 12 hot dog buns
- 12 chile peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 8 oz. chorizo
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend was used in this particular recipe)
- 1 cup crushed corn or tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp. chopped jalapeno, plus one sliced jalapeno for topping
- 1 egg
- Your choice of hot sauce
- Mexican crema for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
What You'll Do:
- Crush chips until finely, evenly crumbled
- Combine the ground beef, chorizo, 1 cup of the cheese, egg, chopped jalapeno, and crushed chips in a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined.
- Carefully cut off the stem end of each pepper, and remove the inside seeds. Fill each pepper with the meat mixture. Make sure to press the meat down into the pepper, so it’s nice and filled!
- Grill them up until they’re nice and charred on all sides. Side note: If the pepper gets cooked before all the meat, you can place the peppers over indirect heat until it's fully cooked. Use your handy dandy digital meat thermometer!
- While the peppers are cooking, brush the inside of the buns with your favorite hot sauce.
- Place the buns onto the grill for a few seconds to achieve the beautiful grill marks on the outside of the buns.
- Once the peppers are done charring, top them with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place the peppers in the buns, garnish with more jalapeños, more hot sauce, cilantro, and Mexican crema if desired.
More from: bbq cooking Featured Food football game day grilling Recipes super bowl Tips & Tricks