Grilled Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Pizza is perfect for any meal. Whether you are serving just your family for dinner or a party of 20, you can't go wrong with this pizza recipe! This barbecue chicken pizza from Tasty is fun to make with little clean up because everything is prepared on your Fuego!
What you'll need:
- Pre-made pizza dough
- 1 cup of any bbq sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh Mozzarella
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Cilantro leaves
What You’ll Do:
- Heat grill to medium/high heat
- Salt and pepper chicken and coat with olive oil
- Salt and pepper 1/2 red onion and coat with olive oil.
- Grill chicken and onion, 4-5 minutes on each side
- Brush chicken with BBQ sauce and grill an additional 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from grill, slice chicken and onion, set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough onto a floured surface, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Roll out parchment paper over a large cutting board
- Transfer the dough to the parchment paper lined board and brush with olive oil.
- Flip the pizza crust out onto a hot grill and quickly cover.
- Do not move the crust, cook for 1 1/2-2 minutes on the first side.
- Once desired color is reached, brush the top of the dough with olive oil and flip the crust
- Working quickly, spread BBQ sauce, sliced chicken and onion onto the pizza. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Close the grill again, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side to melt the cheese and warm the toppings.
- Remove from grill, garnish with cilantro
- Slice and serve immediately, Enjoy!