With Halloween just one week away, it’s time for festivities to take place. If you’re throwing a fun holiday get together this weekend, this Grilled Pita Bread and Hummus Dip is sure to get the party started! Although grilling pita bread might not be the first thing that comes to mind, this duo is a pleaser for everyone. Rich, creamy and packed with flavor, these different hummus recipes will give your guests satisfying snacks that will have them coming back for more. Make sure to have extra!
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (roughly 2 cups drained, cooked chickpeas)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons tahini
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), plus more to taste
1 small clove of garlic, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
To serve: pita wedges, pita chips, raw sliced vegetables
A food processor or blender
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas: Drain the chickpeas into a strainer and rinse under cool running water. If time and patience allows, pinch the skins from each of the chickpeas; this will make your hummus smoother.
2. Combine all ingredients in the food processor: Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of the food processor or blender.
3. Blend hummus until smooth: Process the hummus continuously until it becomes very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to integrate any large chunks.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings: Taste and add more of any of the ingredients to taste. If your hummus is stiffer than you’d like, add more lemon juice or olive oil to thin it out and make the hummus creamier.
5. Transfer to a bowl and serve: Scrape the hummus into a bowl and serve with pita chips or raw vegetables. Hummus will also keep for up to a week in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
The post Grilled Pita Bread with Hummus Dip appeared first on .