Nothing welcomes summertime quite like a colorful dinner hot off the grill. If you are looking for a great recipe to switch up your weekly dinner plans then look no further, we have what you are looking for! With minimal ingredients, this dish is quick and easy to make! This recipe from food.com is sure to be one of your favorites. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers
What you’ll do:
- Peel the peppers, core and seed them. Cut away any white pith inside the peppers and cut them into narrow 1 1/2” strips.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Put it with the olive oil in a 12” skillet and place over medium high heat. As soon as the garlic begins to sizzle, add the peppers. Season lightly with salt and cook until the peppers are tender, about 10 minutes. Do not stir too often so that the peppers will have a chance to brown lightly.
- While the peppers are cooking, peel the tomatoes and coarsely chop. When the peppers are done, add the tomatoes to the pan. Season them lightly with salt and cook until the tomatoes have reduced and are no longer watery, about 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, peel and devein the shrimp.
- Chop enough of the oregano leaves to measure 1 teaspoon and add it to the tomatoes along with the capers. Cook for about 30 seconds, then add the shrimp and season with salt before stirring them inches Cook the shrimp just until they are pink through and through, 2-3 minutes.