Sliders are the perfect snack to celebrate those touchdowns. Thanks to Fine Cooking for this quick & simple recipe, so you can enjoy the game sooner!
What you’ll need:
2 lbs. 80% lean ground chuck
Freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
1 package party rolls
Condiments of your choice
What you’ll do:
- Place the ground beef in a medium bowl and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, gently mix the seasonings with the meat. Brush a baking sheet with oil or spray with cooking spray. Make 12 mini burgers. It might be helpful to use a 2-inch biscuit cutter as your form. Put a thumbprint indention in the center of each one. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, shallots, Worcestershire sauce, and granulated onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate if it’s going to be longer than an hour before you grill, but you want this butter to be soft and at room temperature so it's easier to spread.
- Lightly oil the grates on your Fuego grill. Preheat to high heat with the lid closed for 10-12 minutes.
- Split your party rolls in half and put them, cut side down, on the grill. Toast for about 2 minutes. As you take them off, seam them with the butter on the insides. Place on a platter and tent with foil.
- Place the mini burgers on the grill for about 3 minutes. Turn and continue grilling for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove and set on a platter. Add one burger to each roll and serve with your favorite condiments.