Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
We like to say that everything tastes better when it’s grilled. Stuffed mushrooms seal the deal for this statement. Not only do they make for a great appetizer, but they are also the perfect game day snack! Scroll through to see our favorite grilled stuffed mushroom recipe.
Ingredients and Directions:
2 packs of the medium cremini mushrooms, be sure to rinse these thoroughly
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
1 red jalapeño
½ of spinach
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 cup grated cheese (this can be any cheese based on your preference)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (trader joes has great ones)
Dash of Tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the Fuego grill to 350 Degrees, that’s medium-high. Use a small knife to cut the stem off of each mushroom, leaving the middle hollow in order to stuff your ingredients.
- In a small to medium skillet, pour a tablespoon of olive oil and let it heat. Add the diced peppers and onion, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the vegetables for 4 minutes or until softened. Remove the vegetables from the heat and let cool briefly. Stir in the cheese.
- In a small pan, toast breadcrumbs over low heat until they are lightly browned.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the pepper and cheese mixture. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of each mushroom.
- Carefully place the stuffed mushrooms on the hot grill. Cover and let the mushrooms cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are just cooked through.
- Add a dash of Tabasco sauce across the pan of mushrooms for a kick. Serve while warm.