If you’re trying to fix a craving and wanting to switch up “Taco Tuesday”, we’ve tried a recipe to transition into “Taquito Thursday”. So far, we’re happy with the results. Scroll through for deliciousness waiting to be grilled on your Fuego.
Corn Tortillas (these can be homemade or store bought)
Shredded Chicken Breasts
Salt and Pepper
- Heat your Fuego Grill to 400 degrees. Leave the lid on so the heat stays trapped.
- Take the chicken breasts out of the package and rinse off thoroughly in lukewarm water.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on the grill for 8 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Once the chicken is complete. Take it off the grill and place on a cutting board to cool off. After 5 minutes of cooling, cut into small to medium pieces. Then take a fork and begin shredding the chicken to smaller shreds.
- In a large bowl, pour ½ cup of vegetable oil and individually dip the corn tortillas.
- Take the dipped vegetable tortillas and place one side (this will be the inside of the taquito) on the grill for 1 minute.
- Take the tortillas off and place the shredded chicken inside each tortilla and roll them into a taquito. Use the oil to help make them stick.
- Once you’ve rolled all the chicken into the tortillas, spread vegetable oil on the outside of the tortilla and place on the grill.
- Cook until crisp golden brown and remove from the grill.
- Take the four avocados and smash them into a bowl to make guacamole. Season with salt and pepper.
When serving – place the a scoop of sour cream either on top or on the side (depending on preference) and a side of rice or beans. Use the guacamole as a dipping sauce.
The post Grilled Taquitos appeared first on .