This Memorial Day don’t go crazy with fancy recipes to impress your guests. Keep it simple with the basics – cheeseburgers and hot dogs! There is no better way to celebrate patriotism than grilling up some of these easy and delicious American classics.
All American Classic Bacon Cheese Burger from Neighbor Food Blog
6 slices bacon
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. Kosher salt
½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tbls. Worcestershire
½ a red onion, sliced in rings
3 leaves of lettuce
3 thick slices of tomato
3 slices of cheddar cheese
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet.
3. In a large bowl, combine beef, slat, pepper, garlic, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Use hands to mix together – the less you handle the beef, the tenderer it will be.
4. Shape beef into 3 equal sized patties – usually the same size as the buns you’ll be using.
5. Place burgers on the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium burgers. Or 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-well/ well-done burgers.
6. When there are about 2 minutes of cook time left, add your choice of cheese to the top.
7. Remove burgers to a plate and allow them to rest for a few minutes.
8. Serve on buns w lettuce, tomato, red onion, bacon and your choice of condiments – we suggest avocado!
Total Time: 30 mins.
Hot Dogs with Corn Salsa from Joy of Kosher
1-cup fresh, frozen or canned and drained corn kernels
3 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
1 lime, juiced
2 tbls. fresh chopped cilantro
1 tbls. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. kosher slat
¼ tsp. garlic powder
8 hot dogs
8 whole-wheat hot dog buns
Optional: 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
1. In a large bowl, combine corn, scallions, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder and toss well. Add jalapeño if you prefer.
2. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
3. Grill hot dogs for 8-10 minutes.
4. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of corn salsa and serve immediately.
Total Time: 10 mins.
The post Memorial Day Recipes: Back to the Basics appeared first on .
Raising the steaks
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates, special offers and insider tips.