Shrimp & Sausage Skewers
While we all have our classic Thanksgiving recipe favorites that we cook up every year, we think it’s time to incorporate new dishes into your menu. Our suggestion? These Shrimp & Sausage Skewers that are not only delicious, but also bring a new twist to grilling on Turkey Day. Follow the recipe below and tag us in your Thanksgiving photos for a chance to be regrammed!
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoon pure chile powder
- ¼ cup neutral oil – canola
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 5 to 6 fully cooked chorizo sausage
- On a cutting board, mash the garlic and salt to a coarse paste. Add the caraway seeds and finely chop them
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the chile powder and oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat
- Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the chorizo and cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Tuck a chorizo slice in the crook of shrimp and thread onto a skewer. The shrimp should be attached at both ends. Push it to the end of the skewer and repeat with 2 more shrimp and chorizo slices.
- Grill the kebabs over hot, turning once or twice until charred and the shrimps are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
The post Shrimp & Sausage Skewers appeared first on .