One of the staple snacks of summer has always been a simple slice of watermelon. But sometimes that can get old and your taste buds crave more. We came up with the perfect recipe to curb the watermelon itch. With so many different flavors, AND grill sear marks, this watermelon recipe is going to be your new favorite summertime bite.
1 cup sliced red onion
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons brining liquid
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
¾-in-thick watermelon slices – a 9-inch diameter watermelon works best!
¼ cup creamy blue cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
2 tablespoons small basil leaves (optional)
1. Heat your Fuego Grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine onion, vinegar, sugar & salt into a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes and toss occasionally. Drain onion & discard remaining liquid.
3. Combine brining liquid and olive oil and stir with a whisk.
4. Brush olive oil mixture onto both sides of the watermelon slices. Grill watermelon 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Once you’re close to removing the slices from the grill, top evenly with the onion, blue cheese and pecans.
5. Remove from grill & sprinkle with basil, if you prefer. Cut into wedges for easy eating!
The post Summertime Secrets: Grilled Watermelon appeared first on .
Raising the steaks
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates, special offers and insider tips.