Grilling season has begun and we couldn’t be more excited about it! So we threw together some recipes that sound like the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of the summer season. If you’re more into grilling up the classics like steaks and burgers, we totally understand, but maybe sometime this summer switch it up and enjoy a new recipe!
12 oz salmon fillet
½ of a red, green, yellow and orange bell pepper
¼ of a large red onion
Salt & pepper
1. Cut the salmon into 1 ½ inch chunks – you need approximately 12 pieces
2. Cut the peppers into 1 ½ inch square pieces
3. Cut the red onion into similar sized pieces and separate the layers
4. Thread your skewers w onions and peppers and then salmon. Leave room at the base so you can handle them easier.
5. Brush the skewers on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle w salt and pepper.
6. Cook on a hot grill, turning once, until the fish is cooked all the way through.
7. Serve with a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1-tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon coriander
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup peeled and diced English cucumber, about ½ of a cucumber
1-½ cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon grated garlic
½ teaspoon kosher salt
black pepper to taste
1. Whisk together the ingredients in a large bowl. Then add in the cubed chicken and toss to coat.
2. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 45 minutes to 3 hours.
3. Heat the grill to medium high heat.
4. Thread the chicken onto metal or wood skewers. If using wood, soak the skewers for 30 minutes.
5. Oil the grates of the grill and place the skewers on them
6. Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes then flip over and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
1. Peel & dice the cucumber
2. In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients and whisk together
3. Fold in the cucumber and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The post Summertime Skewers appeared first on .
Raising the steaks
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates, special offers and insider tips.