While grilling might not be the first thing that pops in your head when you think tacos, we’re here to argue otherwise. Thanks to National Taco Day on October 4th we’re grilling up the freshest chicken tacos to celebrate. Plus it’s easy for everyone you have over to mix and match the toppings just the way they like it. Whether you are a fan of some heat with plenty of jalapeños or prefer your tacos with nothing but guacamole, we guarantee that this grilled chicken will make the most delicious tacos no matter what toppings you put on after. Now all you need to do is mix up your margaritas and get to grilling.
For the grilled chicken:
½ cup gold tequila
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 whole boneless chicken breasts
For the toppings:
1. Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove from marinade. Heat your Fuego to medium heat, discard excess marinade and place the chicken on the heated grill.
3. Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes until cooked through.
4. Remove from the grill to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Thinly slice and serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings. Serve and enjoy with a cold beer or margarita!
Recipe by Barefoot Contessa
The post Tequila Marinated Chicken Tacos appeared first on .
Raising the steaks
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates, special offers and insider tips.