Vegetable Shish Kababs with Spicy Honey Sesame Sriracha Glaze
In partnership with A Cook's Canvas
What You'll Need:
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 large red onions
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 2 green bell peppers
- 8 oz of baby portabello mushrooms
- 12 cherry or plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp sriracha chili sauce
- Sesame seeds (optional garnish)
Photo Credit: A Cook's Canvas
What You'll Do:
- Cut zucchini, red onions, squash and bell peppers into 1" slices.
- Thread zucchini, squash, green peppers, red onions, and tomatoes onto skewers in that precise order. Our friends at A Cook's Canvas recommend alternating the mushrooms or tomatoes on the ends of the skewers because they benefit from the extra heat.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and sriracha chili sauce. Bring the glaze to a gentle simmer on low heat, often stirring until the glaze has reduced by half. Set aside to cool before basting.
- Preheat your Fuego grill on high.
- Once the glaze is ready, brush the skewers generously with the honey/sesame/sriracha glaze and place on the grill, turning occasionally and basting with more glaze until reaching the desired level of doneness.