A celebration of the flavors of autumn with a grilled twist.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze (optional, for serving)
- Chopped fresh parsley or thyme for garnish
Prepare the Grill
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Prepare the Vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Add all the prepared vegetables to the bowl and toss them with the marinade until they are evenly coated.
Grill the Vegetables
- Place the marinated vegetables on the grill grates or in a grilling basket in a single layer. If using a grilling basket, you may need to cook the vegetables in batches.
- Grill the vegetables for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are tender and slightly charred. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
Arrange the Vegetables
- Once the vegetables are grilled to perfection, remove them from the grill and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic glaze over the grilled vegetables for a touch of sweetness and acidity (if desired).
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or thyme for added freshness and flavor.
This Grilled Fall Vegetable Platter celebrates the bounty of autumn produce in a delicious and visually appealing way. The combination of caramelized grill marks and the natural sweetness of the vegetables make this dish a standout side for any fall meal.