4 - 6 pers
A twist on the classic sweet potato casserole, prepared on the grill for added smoky flavor.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Cooking spray or oil for greasing
Prepare the Grill
Preheat your grill to medium heat.
Prepare the Sweet Potatoes
Slice the sweet potatoes into rounds, about 1/2-inch thick. If they're larger, you can cut them into wedges instead.
Season the Sweet Potatoes
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt. Toss the sweet potato slices in this mixture until they're well coated.
Grill the Sweet Potatoes
- Grease the grill grates with cooking spray or a bit of oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the seasoned sweet potato slices on the grill over direct heat. Grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they're tender and have nice grill marks. Adjust the cooking time as needed based on the thickness of the slices.
Add the Marshmallows
About 2-3 minutes before the sweet potatoes are done, sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the top of each slice. Close the lid of the grill to allow the marshmallows to soften and slightly melt.
Carefully remove the grilled sweet potatoes with marshmallows from the grill and arrange them on a serving platter.
These Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows are a delightful twist on a classic dish, combining the smoky flavors from the grill with the familiar sweetness of marshmallows. They make for a great side dish for any barbecue or outdoor gathering.
Feel free to adjust the amount of cinnamon, nutmeg, and marshmallows according to your taste preferences. Enjoy the nostalgic flavors of this grilled sweet potato dish!